Pages

8/2/11

HOW TO: Make a Plum and Peach Crisp

My favorite Summer desserts have always been crisps or cobblers, letting the ripe Summer fruit really shine through. Last night I made a Peach, Raspberry and Blueberry Crisp. I improvised the filling part but used the topping recipe from 101 Cookbooks. Everyone loved the end result and the topping came out crispy and moist and perfectly sweet. I had never used yogurt in a topping before but it was a success and I think I will be making this recipe again and again.

Shopping List:
Fruit:
1 pound ripe peaches
1 pound ripe plums
1/4 cup natural cane sugar (or brown sugar)
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoons arrowroot (or cornstarch)
a scant 1/2 teaspoon orange blossom water (opt)
Crisp:
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour (all-purpose flour)
1/2 cup natural cane sugar (or brown sugar)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
big pinch of salt
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup yogurt
See the full recipe at 101 Cookbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment